Road Safety and Defensive Driving Safety Training Program
Defensive Driving/Behind The Wheel (BTW)
Road accidents & injuries are a major but neglected public health challenge that requires concerted efforts for effective and sustainable prevention. It is important to teach driver discipline and safety rules. Defensive driving aims to reduce the risk of driving. Drivers must instinctively anticipate dangerous situations and avoid risks while driving vehicles in normal as well as adverse conditions. Defensive driving safety training includes enhancing skills on safe driving, behavior, risk recognition and traffic maneuvering. As a defensive driver, you can avoid crashes and help lower your risk behind the wheel.
Worldwide, an estimated 1.2 million people are killed in road crashes each year and as many as 50 million are injured. Projections indicate that these figures will increase by about 65% over the next 20 years unless there is a new commitment to prevention.
Defensive Driving Initiatives
- Conceptualize, develop and implement a road safety in state, organization & institutions
- Develop road safety and defensive driving content including video clips, animation & training PPTs
- Conduct road safety seminars, trainings, workshop and road shows
- Training of road safety trainers (end to end solution)
- Specific program for 2 wheelers, 4 wheelers and heavy vehicles
- Management of Driver Management Centre (DMC)
- Conduct Journey Risk Management (JRM)
Who can benefit from this program?
- All commercial vehicle drivers
- Drivers employed in organization & public transport companies
- Drivers of school buses, ambulances and other emergency vehicles
- Forklift drivers in factories
- All members of a community and individual drivers
Benefits of this program
- Improves driving habits and behavior of drivers
- Educates all drivers on driving regulation & rules
- Reduces the number of road accidents
- Reduces traffic violations
- Saves precious lives